I forgot in my last post to give a mention to a new free stuff exchange happening in my own neighborhood! This is organized by Food Not Bombs, who as you might remember served food at The Really Really Free Market. This one happened in Laurelhurst Park a week ago Saturday and I was told that it will recur on a frequent basis but I don't know all of the details yet.
I went with two of my friends, one of whom brought some things of her own to give away. I had a few clothing items and a bunch of movie and music magazines that I had left over from my old swap meet days. We spread them out on a sheet on the ground and went to get some eats from FNB. I finally got a chance to ask them about volunteering so now I have some contact info.
My mission was successful and I got rid of a lot of the magazines. I took home a couple things but there just wasn't a lot that I wanted or needed. This event was a lot smaller in scale than the RRFM but the folks that came brought a lot with them.
We hung out until it really started to wind down - it was a short event too but that was ideal. It might have been better if we had been in a more central location in the park to attract some of the weekend crowd but I don't have any real complaints. The vibe was really positive and neighborly and I was happy that it was so close to home.
Ok, now that I have that out of the way I can get into my current obsession: Korean cop procedural/sci fi time travel action drama TUNNEL.
I just became part of a small K-drama appreciation group of work friends so now I'm going to have lots to talk about with them. I'm only on episode two so far but it's just getting weirder! I'm rewatching Bridgerton to balance out the crime ugliness with something nicer.
No comments:
Post a Comment