Tuesday, February 5, 2019

The Little Death

I was out of town for a few days so I didn't have access to make last week's post.  But that doesn't mean I haven't been at work!

I've been going through the hundreds of CDs I have and making a pile to give away to the Friends of the Library to resell in their stores and their big sales. So far I have many dozen to donate.  I've been stacking them next to my CD player and giving them a cursory listen. A lot of the ones that are going are some that I held onto because they belonged to my late husband, and because I wanted to have some variety for my old radio show years ago.  They are bands I'd never really want to listen to now.  I'm even getting rid of Neutral Milk Hotel's On Avery Island, because I'm tired of it and a lot of music that sounds like it.

Now that I've returned I've caught cold and I have some time at home to purge some more of these things. I'm headed out to the store to pick up some supplies first.

On my trip away I saw two full episodes of Marie Kondo's show Tidying Up, and the beginning of a third.

It's really good! It's helpful to see all of her theories in action and working for people. I have a lot of empathy for folks who are going through this process.  I've spoken about how I've followed her advice but haven't been very faithful about it, but what I did do changed my life, and I'm not exaggerating.

No comments:

Post a Comment