Monday, January 28, 2013

A bear in my basement

I put on my to-do list to put things in my car that I'm selling at my mom's garage sale.  It's not until the weekend but I think I'll just get some things out of my sight for a while and out of my footpath.  I'll get things done ahead of time for once!  Win-win.

Here's an example of something I'll be trying to sell at the sale.  It's a footstool:

Just like a food pyramid, there should be a pyramid of methods of getting rid of things.  At the narrowest part of the pyramid, where the sweets and fats would equate, is the landfill.  At the widest bottom part is giving things to people who will treasure them.  I'm trying to hit somewhere in the middle of the pyramid, with yard sales and giving to nonprofits.

Now that my bedroom and the office have switched places I find myself making wrong turns to go and use the computer, or get something to wear.  It's been over a week now!  I am soooo happy with this change.  I love going in my new room.  It's not completely done but it's very comfortable now.  I even took my (polyfill) comforter to the Belmont Eco Laundry to get it fresh for the new year.

 I'm starting a new volunteer job at the art museum this week, and perhaps I'll have another job interview in the next day or two.  An agency I have worked through in the past is setting it up.  Every week I think my job schedule could change so I have to do as much as I can to complete my goals, to use my free time well.  That's why I got my room painted and arranged in such short order.  I don't recognize rooms in my own home as a result, where I've lived for the last 9 years and more.



I kept thinking about this skit this evening. I guess it belongs here. THANK YOU SATAN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment