Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Cleanish

I'm still having trouble adjusting to the time change since returning from my vacation (it's seven hours later there).  I still sometimes wake up a little to early anyway because of my sleep problems, so today I just got right out of bed at 5:30 a.m. and started my day.  I washed a window, took down curtains for laundry, and repotted a few small plants.  I hung last night's laundry to dry.  I tidied the living room, but all of the furniture is still pushed out of the way for painting. I even cooked eggs for breakfast and a piece of fish for my dinner tonight.  This week has been special because I washed all of my dishes and recycling containers and wiped down the counters.  Oh yeah, and I MADE THE BED.

Maybe it's because I missed my house while I was away, or because the last AirBnB I stayed in was so cute and sparkling.  It could also be because coming home made me see my place with someone else's eyes for a minute.  It was pretty bad, but understandably so.  I was so busy planning my adventure that I let everything else fall to the wayside.

My toilet had a clog the day after I got back and I used this young smartypants's tutorial to get it resolved.
I've used his method before and it really works!  Here's a sad fun fact about me: I never used a toilet plunger with any success until last year, and that was one time.  Also, I need to watch videos like this to do things like unclog toilets and drains.  I just want to know it's humanly possible to accomplish.  It's just me doing the handywork around here, ya know.

Why am I just learning about the Buy Nothing groups?  I can't believe I haven't been all over this for centuries.  You know I have stuff to contribute, too.  More on this subject later.

No comments:

Post a Comment