Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The Whack-a-Mole Diaries

November has brought Portland some intense rain and its insidious chill, which means something else for me: an off-and-on visit from the old S.A.D.  This last weekend has been lovely, at least in Olympia it was, but I've had some personal matters that are hedging my enjoyment.  Yesterday was basically fired.  Well, today is a new day.

I had early Thanksgiving with my family so I have a long weekend to look forward to where I'm going to clean the house and work on art.  The house is a fright.  Prepare for more before-and-afters.  I think I'm not expecting any guests for the foreseeable future (except perhaps a movie night group this weekend) so I can take my time.

Oh yeah, and the holidays are upon us.  I have three fake trees this year, four if you count the wooden one I made at my old job.  That tree is one of those ambiguous symbols of the past, because it was a job I despised, but the tree itself was made from a CAD program that I customized for a laser cutter.  It's not really cute but I made it. 

OK, enough of this, time to listen to some shoegaze bands and watch reruns of Sifl & Olly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment