Sunday, September 27, 2015

Smashy Smashy

I have a basket for things that need mending, and I took some time this morning working on some of them.  I put a battery back in a smoke detector and stuck it back on the ceiling.  I hot-glued some crafts that had come apart, promptly sticking my fingertip in the fresh glue before the repair was complete.  I had been saving a china saucer that I thought I could also superglue, but I was missing a bit of it.  Maybe I thought I would find it by now, but I didn't, so I took a moment and broke it up on the floor and tossed it.  I'm not a dummy, dummy.  I put it in a bag before I threw it down.  I have a small sewing repair to do and I'll be about done with that old pile of stuff.

The free stuff on the sidewalk finds have been slim this year, but that's just fine.  A round-the-corner neighbor has been giving away a lot of stuff lately, often questionable goods that others might term recycling (glass jars, outdated software manuals, etc.).  I got a couple ice cube trays last week.  They make great earring holders!  You can put a pair in each little cube area and they don't get tangled or separated!  I put the ones don't hang with hooks in these trays.


I have a a shower-caddy type thing I got at a thrift store for about 49 cents for hook earrings.  I I have a matching one right below it for sunglassess. 

A couple friends recommended the BBC series The Fall to me and I'm on season 2.  I was reluctant because Jamie Dornan, the star of the bumbling Fifty Shades of Grey film is the killer in The Fall.  Dude can act, I was really surprised.  He's from Northern Ireland though, he's not getting the American thing right.  Don't feel hurt Jamie, Kenneth Branagh does it badly too and he's Mr. Shakespeare.

No comments:

Post a Comment