Wednesday, August 5, 2015

My Beautiful Laundrette

I can't believe I've left out my laundry room. Hanif Kureishi isn't going to write any love stories about this place, but it's all mine:

I hate the drain right beneath the dryer there in front.  I feel gross just looking at it.  It reminds me of that Dario Argento movie Inferno, with the hole in the floor leading to a watery room and a corpse floating around in it.
 
It's more than the place where I wash my clothes.  It's also the massive mega dvd library storage unitopolis.  I'm starting to take a lot of stuff out of here to sell at the Twilight Rummage Sale.  I don't like to own many movies, unless they're really special.  I don't even have a copy of My Own Private Idaho, and I'm ready to see that one again the moment the credits roll after a viewing.

See these horizontal file drawers?  They're packed full of nothing but Asian action movies.

Yes, another dollhouse. Shut up.
 There's a nice deep set of plywood shelves here of which I've made good use, as well as a view of some of the dvd library:
I don't have a master plan for this yet.  I'm still dealing with the books from that back room area, so talking about this spot is a minor distraction from that.  This room looks large here but it's tiny.  You can see it's absorbing some of the book overflow from other regions.  My stuff makes the Carnegie libraries look like chump change.

I went away for the weekend and had to spend a two-hour layover in LAX, which is like sitting in electrified garbage, but I saw this video on a monitor at a fake Hard Rock Cafe - style place.  So, it wasn't a totally terrible experience after all.  I've been listening to this guy at work now.  I like the drab 70s Masterpiece Theater film stock.



No comments:

Post a Comment