Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Til the wheels fall off

I've been working hard on making my first zine in four years.  I've felt really great about it for a few days.  I started working on the cover design last night and I had this brief stab of melancholy, which seems to happen with many things I work on creatively.  I was in the last stretch of finishing this painting after I had a mental breakthrough, then stab.  I looked at it and I didn't like where it was going again.  Then a few hours later I thought of a quick thing that made it all work again.  I think I'm at that point now with this cover but I won't know until I get my hands on it again.  I'm not at home right now.  I'm on my lunch break thinking about zines and Googling zine cover designs and clip art.

I also keep hoping my Target curtains are going to arrive by UPS today.  I hope I don't need to sign for them!  I love the sunshine coming through my window in the morning, but too bad that it wakes me up.  By happy coincidence I got a call back from my sleep study person at the clinic today, so maybe I'll be sleeping with electrodes on me this week.  Just like E.T. and Elliott.

No comments:

Post a Comment