Friday, July 3, 2015

Spare Time

I got a paid holiday today because tomorrow is Independence Day.  Thanks job!  I'm sitting here in a coffee shop planning the rest of my day and writing this thing.  Meanwhile I'll recap what's going down in basement town.

I cleaned up the comics and magazine explosion I made while getting ready for the swap meets last weekend.  I scooted a few things around so it suddenly looks a lot better in here.  I had a semi-surprise visit from friends Lark, Andrice and Thien, who all agreed that things looked good.  Thien took away with him a roll of posters he'd printed long ago as part of a project with Sparkplug, so he helped the process along.

 I have a lot of other posters and artwork that I am keeping, so I'm hanging them in the stairwell.  If you use a broom handle you can tap down the corners of posters in high places, like I did with the La Mano tour poster above the steps.  I used tape, even though you really shouldn't.   By the way, how do you like my staircase broom closet?



I might need a nap before too long.  I went to see Torche and Melt-Banana with Lark last night and didn't get home until almost 2am.  Seeing these bands made me want to run around hugging everybody afterwards.  I woke up at 7:30 and didn't really feel like sleeping.  My first order of business for the day was to buy a metal lithographed dollhouse from a woman I met on Craigslist.  I'm such a dork, here I am trying to clean up my life and I get another dollhouse.  That is another post entirely.

On the schedule for the rest of the day: finish a painting, work on my zine, start work on a comic I'm doing for the next Visionquest comics anthology, clean the house.  Take photos and stick them in this blog post.

The moths abide, the ants abide, we're a happy family.



No comments:

Post a Comment