Sunday, June 28, 2015

The Person Under the Stairs

Yesterday was a little victory in terms of clearing out the basement mess with Frankenstein's Comic Book Swap and Comix Thing.  Andy, the owner at Cosmic Monkey, bought all my remaining boxes of comics-related magazines for his stock so I didn't have to put them back in storage.  I had everything priced lower than ever so that really helped me.  Now I have a couple empty shortboxes to use for my own collection.  I was having trouble finding all the right sizes so now I'm all set.

This is what a shortbox is, in case you don't use comics-speak.  I don't know the guy I just linked to.  I'm just appalled that he got all this in one go.  I agonize over getting a handful of half-sheet sized zines, even if they're made by friends.

Speaking of which, I did purchase a copy of I Never Promised You a Rose Garden: Part One: My Own Private Portland by my friend Annie Murphy.  Instead of going to bed last night after getting home I read the whole thing from cover to cover.  The best books are the ones that hurt you when you're reading them and long after you're done, that's what Annie's stuff is like.


No comments:

Post a Comment