Thursday, April 23, 2015

Space Case Disgrace

I've been having sleep problems on and off for a few years now and I'm finally doing something about it.  I saw my doctor today for my routine checkup and I told her what's been happening, which is that I sleep 5-6 hours straight, then wake up and can't go back to sleep before my alarm goes off.  She is going to put me in a sleep study that I can do at home!  I don't know yet what that entails but someone else has to call me from the clinic about it.  My doctor thinks the sleep thing might be the cause of a couple other minor health issues I've been having, so I have even more reason to look forward to a solution.

As a result of this problem, housework has been neglected and I'm a little cranky.  I really have no business handing out housekeeping advice to anyone under these circumstances.

Did you ever see something that was so amazing that when you thought about it later, you didn't know if you remembered it right?  That's what happened to me and this place I drove by with my sister and my mom about 5 years ago near Madison, WI.  It wasn't just the massive ducttape lettering or the words "beer lube" that grabbed my eyes:
It was the deer lawn ornament that graced the roof of the building:
What?  Is it a "stag" joke?  Take note that the deer is smaller than any one of the letters in "Naughty Novelties".

I wish I got pictures of my own but this was all they had on Google Images.  Sadly, this landmark burned down some time later.  Photographing it then would have involved a lot of awkward explanation to my mom about what I found funny about it, or hearing my mom reading the sign in her Midwestern accent.  Now, I'm not sure what made me think about it today, but didn't this make your day too?

No comments:

Post a Comment