Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 Year in Review

It was a great year, housekeepingwise and everything else.  My home is looking really good.  I was talking to a good friend a few weeks ago about the grieving process and mental health issues relating to it, and how you can't think your way out of that cycle.  It's the truth, trying to chase thoughts away won't make it happen. 

I accomplished a lot since last January 1, one of the biggest things being that I have a job that I love.  For a couple weeks now I've been taking steps to rid of my car, which I'm donating to OPB.  I shed my internet and land line at home last fall, who knows what I'll learn to do without.  I'm trying to figure out if I should change my healthcare plan.  Oh yeah, and I finally paid off my student loans!  In this day and age, that's no little thing!

While I still have my car I'm making the donation rounds to Goodwill and SCRAP, and I sold about 60 CDs last weekend.  I will miss my car, but Portland is great in that you can walk or bus anywhere.  When I lived in Berkeley I walked up to a mile each way just to buy vegetables or see a movie, so I know I'll be just fine.

I'm having a love affair with gifs (and Michael Caine), here's another for the ages.  Happy New Year everyone!!
Miss Congeniality, anyone?



No comments:

Post a Comment