Thursday, October 17, 2013

Chronicles of Redonk

It's hard to believe that this blog project started as me just clearing out my bad basement, and now it's led to all these other changes around the house, and my whole life really.  Getting your personal space under control is like increasing your mental health. 

My work room is still messy, not bad, but I think that's where my real attention is needed.  Not that I'm going to stop decorating in other rooms, but I'm going to make the office my priority.

I'm also making better cleaning a priority.  I'm not a good mopper, but I am a good sorter.  That's why my kitchen floor is so dusty.  I'm working on making things a little shinier as well as straightened.  Many people think these go hand in hand, but I'm a little slower to scrub and polish.  I've been consulting Make Your Place: Affordable, Sustainable Nesting Skills by Raleigh Briggs to get hints on non-toxic homemade cleaners.  I need to get a refill on Dr. Bronner's soap.



No comments:

Post a Comment