Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Outdoor Sports

I expanded my mission to encompass reaches outside of the house.  It's important to take advantage of the stretches of un-rainy weather where you can find them here.  I weeded out the planter next to my front doorstep and trimmed down the plants that were intended to stay there.  I had had a lush little rainforest flourishing there for a while, but now it's fully cleared out.  In my usual way, once I get started on such a project I want to keep on for a while, so I swept the front walk and steps.  I threw away the doormat, which was so enfeebled that it was growing happy green weeds.  I swept right down to the sidewalk!  I'm sure that the chickens next door are going to scatter bark and poop all over in a matter of days but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

The next day I took car of the car interior, vacuuming and wiping it down with those Clorox things.  It really needed it, what a disaster.  As I was taking garbage out from the far reaches under seats, it hit me more and more how I'd been driving around and unwittingly adding to the mess, and my friends who occasionally ride with me have to put up with it!  It's not perfect but it's a far cry from what it was 36 hours ago.  What I really need is a way to get pennies unstuck from the bottoms of the cup holders.

Tonight I'm turning my attentions to the inside of the house so I don't feel guilty about the times my neighbor walks through our shared backyard and sees into my kitchen.  I know she knows I haven't been throwing any parties lately so the mess that's there is obviously a result of my solo slovenly ways.

My big housekeeping goal for the week is to move the furniture around in the office so I can have a printer/scanner table next to the desk.  I really hoped I didn't have to move the file cabinet so soon but it has to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment