I just returned from a few days away visiting relatives, back to a home still a little messy from a party I threw the day before I left. I had to go on New Year's Eve, which meant that I have not had a chance to work on my home since that day.
Last year was like living five years in one. At the start of it I was not in a good way, though I was managing. Now I feel much more like myself. You can laugh, but the day I spent with friends at Enchanted Forest was the day I think I knew I was getting better.
So many things have happened, though of course it's never enough. This year I hope to relax and focus on some creative goals I have, as well as long-term goals. I told my sister that I am going to do everything this year. I'm starting with some design projects including the one in my own house!
Here are a few things I want to take on this week:
- Clear out the ex-computer room, spackle and prep walls for painting
- Give large white bookshelf another coat of paint
- Complete a secret project I started a while back. Don't worry, all will be revealed soon!
- Clean the bathroom for real, floor and tub included.
- Make a pile of things that I can sell at my mom's upcoming yard sale.